Angela Thielen - Work Experience at Aspire Hotel Sydney (Metro Hotels)


My name is Angela and I´m from Germany but at the moment I live at Bondi Junction in Sydney, which is a great place to live. I am 25 years old and I´m studying Hotel and Tourism Management.
My College provided me with theoretical as well as practical experiences and qualifications in the fields of hotel and tourism.
According to the college´s needs, I have to complete two periods of full-time practical work experience, each lasting 6 months.
And so I decided to do my first Internship in Australia at the Aspire Hotel Sydney.
I choosed Australia because it´s just an awesome country with many interesting and different cultures and so many different places to see. After almost 3 month now, here in Sydney, I almost feel like home.
Working at the Hotel provides me with a lot of experiences in different departments like, working in the Front Office, Reservations, Accounting, Housekeeping  and Sales & Marketing, which I´m really looking forward too,  in the next weeks.
It is also a very good opportunity to improve my english and communication skills, as well as I feel, that I´m becoming more confident in talking and handling with other people. I really like the teamwork and to have the chance to work with so many different cultures  in one place.
During my stay in Sydney I try to see, as much as I can, in and outside the city.
 I have already been too the Blue Mountains, Port Stephens, Manly and many other places.
It is really so much you can see here. But my favorite place to relax and hang out with friends is Bondi Beach, which is just a stroll away from where I live.
After my Internship I will travel around to see a lot of the other great places that Australia offers.
I would like to see the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Cairns and of course I won´t leave without having seen the Outback.
This whole experience is the best that I have ever had and I´m looking forward to enjoy the upcoming few months.

Aspire Hotel Sydney: Angela Thielen - Work Experience at Aspire Hotel Sydney (Metro Hotels)

Comments